On what roads is it legal to ride my ATV/UTV?

It depends on what type of road you are asking about. There are State Highways, County Highways, Town Roads and Village Streets. ALL of these are governed by different agencies. The Burnett County Highway Department oversees the County Highways (those named by capital letters – i.e. County Hwy D; County Hwy FF, etc.). All of our county roads are open to ATVs and UTVs EXCEPT County Hwy-A from State Hwy 35 to Kilkare Road. For information on Town Roads or Village Streets you will need to contact the individual towns and villages.

Municipality contact information

Show All Answers

1. Can I purchase a Camping, Firewood, or Christmas Tree Permit online?
2. How do I put my land into the Managed Forest Program?
3. When and where can I ride my snowmobile/ATV/UTV?
4. Where can I get a snowmobile/ATV trail map?
5. What are the state definitions of an ATV or UTV?
6. On what roads is it legal to ride my ATV/UTV?
7. Can I ride my ATV/UTV on the Gandy Dancer Trail?
8. Where can I get a map of the ATV township routes?
9. Am I able to cut firewood on Burnett County Forest Land?
10. Where can I get a map of the Burnett County Forest Lands?
11. Can I get a map of the Gandy Dancer Bike Trail?
12. Do I need a bike pass to use the Gandy Dancer Trail?
13. Is camping allowed on Burnett County Forest Land?
14. Where can I go horseback riding in Burnett County?
15. Where can I ride my off-road motorcycle?
16. Who do I contact to rent the park shelters?
17. Who do I talk to about bear, deer, or any other wildlife issue?
18. Where can I get a Burning Permit?
19. The tree in my backyard is dying, who should I talk to?
20. Is it legal to hunt on Burnett County Forest Lands?
21. Can I leave my deer stand up overnight on County Forest Land?
22. May I cut a Christmas Tree from the Burnett County Forest?